From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can no longer use symlinks in /etc/init.d with openrc-0.9.8.4 ?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:00:19
1 On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:24:45 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > I am wondering if any of you had experienced the same difficulty as
5 > me:
6 >
7 > A couple of days ago, I upgraded openrc from (whatever version it was
8 > previously) to 0.9.8.4.
9 >
10 > One of the scripts in /etc/init.d was a symlink
11 > to /opt/some/package/path
12 >
13 > (To be precise, /etc/init.d/gatewall ->
14 > /opt/wallmator/initscripts/gentoo/gatewall.init)
15 >
16 > ((wallmator is a "Firewall Automator" script I'm developing))
17 >
18 > This morning, I rebooted. Upon time to execute the "gatewall" script,
19 > it complained that some settings (set through /etc/conf.d/gatewall are
20 > not set). I double-checked the settings it complained; yep, they are
21 > there in /etc/conf.d/gatewall.
22 >
23 > I tried `/etc/init.d/gatewall start`, no luck. It still complains of
24 > some vital non-optional settings not being set.
25 >
26 > So, I replaced the symlink:
27 >
28 > cd /etc/init.d
29 > mv gatewall gatewall.old
30 > cp /opt/wallmator/initscripts/gentoo/gatewall.init gatewall
31 >
32 > And tried again `/etc/init.d/gatewall start` ... it worked!!
33 >
34 > So I tried `shutdown -r now` ... there's joy in Mudville! The
35 > "gatewall" initscript now properly reads the settings in
36 > /etc/conf.d/gatewall.
37 >
38 > My question is: Is there a change of behavior in how openrc executes a
39 > script in /etc/init.d/ when said script is a symlink instead of a
40 > 'normal' file?
41 >
42 > PS: For this particular system, everything under / except /boot
43 > resides in the same filesystem.
44 >
45 > PPS: For the contents of the "gatewall" initscript, see
46 > https://bitbucket.org/pepoluan/wallmator/src/edae2e294d07/initscript/gentoo/gatewall.init
47 >
48 > Rgds,
49
50 I didn't have that problem and upgraded yesterday!
54 Willie Matthews
55 matthews.willie@×××××.com