From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keep alive within SSH session
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:02:37
1 I am not sure of the correct approach to achieve a prolonged remote debugging
2 session through SSH and avoid the SSH session timing out.
3
4 This is what I try to achieve:
5
6 I login into a router with SSH from my PC. Then I can run certain commands to
7 start and monitor a debugging session in the router. However, if I leave
8 alone the SSH session, it will soon time out. The debugging only runs while
9 the session is live. Exiting the SSH session causes all debug output to be
10 lost.
11
12 If I continue to run (router) commands on the terminal, while the debugging is
13 running, the SSH time out is postponed.
14
15 What do you suggest I try on an SSH terminal from my PC to keep running
16 recurring commands after I have connected to the router? I will need to keep
17 a debugging session going for some hours, in order to collect the data I'm
18 after.
21 Regards,
22 Mick