From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backup & restore solution?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:17:18
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > I am currently using 'dar' to backup to external USB hard disk.
4
5 I thought of this too, but I don't know how to "power-off" usb-disk
6 remotelly. On the other side, after burning and unmounting dvd-r,
7 dvd-drive stops spinning (kind of overheating protection)...
8
9 > 5. chroot, 6. install boot loader
10
11 Is it not possible to archive MBR too? That way I could save 5. and
12 6., and to automate it with some scripts...
13
14 > One last thing, if you've only got a single CD/DVD drive, you are
15 > probably going to have an issue to have both the live CD and the backup
16
17 Time to look for an old dvd-rom drive...
18
19 Jarry
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list