From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: escape from i3lock
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 00:44:00
1 > No, it's my way to run things as root, in general. I distrust su, sudo
2 > and friends.
5 su is mature, well understood and the standard way of doing things. If you
6 had run an extra term in your X session that had been su'd to root, you
7 wouldn't be exposing a root shell at the console. Perhaps your distrust of
8 su is making you less secure? You might be thinking in absolutes, eg "su
9 is insecure" but its better to think along the lines of "is <some option>
10 more or less secure than su?"