From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why does emerge want firefox???
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:12:18
1 On 12/11/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have -firefox and -mozilla in /etc/make.conf . Why is emerge trying
3 > to pull in Firefox? I don't want Firefox. How do I make it stop?
4
5 >=gnome-extra/yelp-2.16 and >=www-client/epiphany-2.16.1
6 unconditionally depend on firefox. If you want these version
7 installed, you must install firefox also. Otherwise you can mask
8 them, keep 2.14 versions around....but you probably won't be able to
9 upgrade to gnome 2.16 either.
10
11 gnome-extra/yelp has this in ChangeLog:
12 08 Sep 2006; Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o> yelp-2.16.0.ebuild:
13 No seamonkey support anymore; remove firefox use flag
14
15 www-client/epiphany has:
16 08 Sep 2006; Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o> epiphany-2.16.0.ebuild:
17 Remove firefox use flag, make dep require firefox 1.5
18
19 Not sure why this is...I assume that seamonkey no longer provides
20 whatever functionality is required for the 2.16 versions of these
21 packages.
22
23 -Richard
24 --