From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with syslog-ng and messages
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:12:57
1 Hi all. Well, I have a weird problem with messages and syslog-ng.
2 Things were going fine, except that on my latest update from 5.10.70
3 to 5.10.82 I saw something about kernel race detection which was new,
4 so I activated it. Well when I got to reboot into the new kernel,
5 there was a lot of race conditions and it looked like I could not do
6 anything about them, so I got rid of the option and recompiled the
7 kernel. But now when I start syslog-nd, at the end of
8 /var/log/messages, it always has some lines from December 3 with some
9 of thr sanitizer output. Now, I am using systems and using
10 journalctl, everything is ok, but I cannot figure out where syslog-ng
11 is getting these strange messages from, I can even delete the
12 /var/log/messages file and those messages still appear.
13
14 So, anyone have a clue as to how to get rid of those?
15
16 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici wb2una