From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xypic wants ruby?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:33:59
1 On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:27:52PM +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I need dev-texlive/texlive-pictures because it seems that's what
3 > provides xy-pic. Why in Hell am I obliged to install ruby? I
4 > currently have no use for it. I can't begin to imagine why this
5 > particular programming language should be a must... Nothing in the
6 > use flags suggests a clue, for me anyway...
7
8 Probably because it installs a heck lot more than just xypic? The full
9 list gives
10
11 asyfig autoarea bardiag cachepic combinedgraphics circuitikz curve
12 curve2e curves dcpic diagmac2 doc-pictex dottex dot2texi dratex eepic
13 epspdf epspdfconversion fig4latex gnuplottex here hvfloat miniplot
14 pb-diagram petri-nets pgf-soroban pgfopts pgfplots picinpar pict2e
15 pictex pictex2 pinlabel pmgraph randbild schemabloc swimgraf texdraw
16 tikz-inet tikz-qtree tikz-timing tkz-doc tkz-linknodes tkz-tab
17 tufte-latex xypic collection-pictures
18
19 Ruby is a RDEPEND; if you are interested you certainly can try
20 Googling to find out which in the above list is the offender. One
21 that I recognize which requires a ruby runtime is the converter epspdf.
22
23 Cheers,
24
25 W
26 --
27 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
28 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
29 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton