From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev or Gentoo issue?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:59:34
1 On 13/05/14 16:50, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm having a problem starting the USB network interfaces properly on
3 > one of my systems. I brought the problem to the udev list and they're
4 > indicating that it's a Gentoo problem:
5 >
6 > https://www.mail-archive.com/systemd-devel@×××××××××××××××××.org/msg18840.html
7 >
8 > Should I file a bug?
9 >
10 > - Grant
13 Like pointed out in the upstream thread, it's either wrongly built
14 net-misc/dhcpcd (should be with USE="udev")
15 and if not using dhcpcd, it might be a bug in net-misc/netifrc's
16 /etc/init.d/net.lo depend() { } section --
17 it's possible it's missing dependency that forces /etc/init.d/udev start
18 first, specially if OpenRC is using parallel
19 startup
20
21 So not really a udev bug, rather a misconfiguration in dhcpcd USE flags
22 OR bug in dependencies of netifrc's net.lo script
23
24 - Samuli