From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange desktop happening following update world
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:07:44
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On reboot following recent update world I find the xfce4 manager is
5 >> not able to display the former desktop wallpaper or even the
6 >> wallpapers packaged with the install.
7 >
8 > Did you upgrade to jpeg-7 recently?
9
10 Sure did... at the same time as the other stuff Sep 13.
11
12 A couple of quick googles didn't enlighten me as to what difference
13 that might make.
14
15 The wall paper I had up before updating is a *.png file.
16
17 `equery files jpeg-7' turned up a /usr/share/doc/jpeg-7/usage.txt.bz2
18
19 Again... not much enlightenment there.