From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi losing mail
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:04:44
1 On Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:17:14 PM Yohan Pereira wrote:
2 > On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 06:52:57 Mick wrote:
3 > > I've seen quite a lot of complains about slowness and missing local
4 > > folders like ... Inbox! when I googled for it.
5 >
6 > Wow based on all this it seems like im the only person who is using kmail2
7 > without any problems whatsoever.
8
9 With regards to data-loss, I haven't seen any problems.
10 I do, however, notice on occasion that kontact crashes when I send an email.
11
12 KMail2 also hasn't (yet) deleted any emails I have on my IMAP-server. I also
13 don't use disconnected as the machine I run kmail on has a permanent link to
14 the mail-server.
15 The only machine that could potentially benefit from it doesn't have the disk-
16 space to store my email (netbook with SSD-drive) and I haven't found an option
17 to only keep certain folders in offline-storage.
20 Joost