From: Martins <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server and ati-drivers 'bussiness'
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:35:43
2 > I'm having the same problems. ati-drivers insists on using X.org-7.1.0.0
3 > or earlier, obviously because the drivers were compiled against that
4 > version.
5 >
6 > I don't have the ati-drivers source code so I can't tell if there was an
7 > ABI change that the driver enforces, or if ATI simply hardcoded the
8 > drivers to fail. I'm betting on the latter....
9 >
10 > In either case the solution would appear to be a hard dependency on <=
11 > X.org-7.1.0.0 in the ebuild. Have you submitted a bug to bgo?
12 >
13 > alan
14
15 no, i didnt submit bug due to I dont understand what bug it is related to -
16 xorg or ati-drivers or both ;)
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list