From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] cgroupd really do work!
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 01:08:56
1 Re the discussion on cgroups on the 24/25 november - on my old AMD
2 barton 2500+ desktop - in the past a load of anything more than 5 made
3 it very painful to use. Add in running windows in a qemu vm at the same
4 time (all in 1.5G ram) and its almost unusable as an interactive
5 desktop.
6
7 Now, with Florians (thanks for the scripts) version of using it on
8 gentoo, even at a load in excess of 12, its almost as good as with no
9 load for desktop operations!
10
11 To get the high load I am compiling a new kernel, running win2k in qemu,
12 emerging latest updates, browsing the web and reading email in
13 evolution, running updatedb and other cron jobs (just restarted after a
14 tuxonice hibernate so everything is triggering at once!).
15
16 Really, really, really neat!
17 BillK
21 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>