From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS problem
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 08:23:06
1 On 30/12/19 19:18, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > 2. On all NFS clients, including the NFS server which mounted other NFS
3 > mounts, all NFS client options had to be selected or the mount would
4 > fail. It didn't matter specifying nfsvers=4.0 as a mount option, it
5 > failed if there was no NFS client kernel support for 4.1/4.2.
6 >
7 > I don't know why, I just figured that it was something to do with the
8 > new kernels (running 5.4.x.)
9
10 Quite possibly the 4.0 code has been removed ... if the 4.1 or 4.2 code
11 will connect to a 4.0 server then the old code isn't needed.
12
13 XFS and ext are similar - there's only one instance of xfs code which
14 supports all versions, and I believe all the ext2 code is gone from the
15 kernel - ext4 with journal switched off will quite happily read/write ext2.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol