From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ramdisk for lm_sensors and gimps
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 05:08:01
1 Does the current minimal install cd have a ramdisk driver so that i
2 can extract the stage3 tarball to it and emerge lm_sensors and gimps
3 onto it?
4 I want to make sure my OCed system won't cause bad compiles so I'm
5 going to gimps aka prime95 it for 48h :)
6 DDR1066's timings are a bit high at 200;1:2.66, so I'm going 960 MHz
7 to have both higher speed and less lag.
8 Sadly, POST starts to have issues at FSB=250MHz, so I've toned it down
9 to 230 MHz.
10 It's still above 200 MHz, so I want to be sure that both CPU and RAM are safe.
11
12 Also, if k10temp isn' t included on the cd, to which kernel version
13 should I compile it as a module*, or need I remaster with modified
14 kernel?
15
16 * and insert into the iso as /misc/k10temp.ko and insmod it as needed
19 001100 Andrey "m05hbear" Vul
20 010010
21 011110 andrey at moshbear dot net
22 100001 andrey dot vul at gmail