From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Coming up with a password that is very strong.
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 10:42:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 18:19:26 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I suspect that anyone trying to hack us Linux users, users of this list
5 >> especially, would have a rough road ahead of them.  Based on replies
6 >> here, some have some pretty good methods of coming up with a password.
7 >> Let us hope none of us dies instantly and takes the passwords with us.
8 >> o_O  I put mine in a fire safe.  Just in case.
9 > Does LastPass have an export option? With KeePassXC, I can export all my
10 > passwords to a CSV file that I save to a USB stick I keep in my safe.
15 Yes it does.  I export mine when I do major changes, usually when I do
16 financial sites.  It exports it as plain text.  I then copy and paste it
17 into a text file and encrypt it with KGpg.  At that point, you still
18 need the password to decrypt it, and I guess this computer tho it may be
19 doable on another system with the keys.  As I mentioned before, there's
20 a lot I don't know about this encryption stuff still.
21
22 I may get me a tiny USB stick and put the master password, keys and such
23 on it.  I'm sure you know more about this than I do, what all do I need
24 in case it has to be done on another system?  In other words, what all
25 would I need to copy over to the USB stick?
26
27 It seems you just put yours on a stick as plain text.  If you trust your
28 safe, that should be fine.  Since I have mine on my system, I encrypt
29 it.  It may be easier to do it your way tho.  At least easier for
30 whoever comes after me.
31
32 Dale
33