From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE weirdness
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:11:08
1 I just built my machine from scratch with 2006.1 and I've got some
2 weird behavior.
3
4 Here's what happened: in KDE "bouncing" icons on "startup
5 notification" and rounder corners don't show up the way they supposed
6 to (
7 http://makovey.objectis.net/Members/dimon/issues/rounded_corners ).
8
9 it looks like transparency is gone from both. Same happens with
10 mouse-overs and rounded tooltip bars etc. Prbably it's not strictly
11 KDE-related but that's where I can see it right away.
12
13 for reference here are hardware specs:
14
15 Dell Latitude D420
16 i915 graphics
17 1.5G RAM
18 Core Duo 1.2G
19
20 Portage was synced no more than a week ago.
21
22 to not pollute/overload this list here's the link to
23 my "emerge --info" for curious:
24
25 http://makovey.objectis.net/Members/dimon/issues/dell_einfo
26
27 Also here's xorg.conf (with comments filtered out) if that makes any
28 difference:
29
30 http://makovey.objectis.net/Members/dimon/issues/xorg.conf
33 Dmitry Makovey