From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keep DPMS off?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:33:46
1 I'm running into a bug with xf86-video-intel and SNA that is causing X
2 to crash whenever I close my laptop's lid. I can prevent it if I
3 issue 'xset -dpms'. The problem is that xlockmore turns DPMS back on
4 whenever it is executed. Is there any way to prevent this or work
5 around it? Also, I've tried 'Option "DPMS" "false"' in xorg.conf and
6 'xserver-command=X -dpms' in lightdm.conf, but X always starts with
7 DPMS on. man xlock references "if DPMS support was compiled in" but
8 there is no USE flag for DPMS. Should I file a bug for that?
9
10 'xset q' (crashes):
11
12 DPMS (Energy Star):