From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:58:46
1 2009/10/2 Arthur D. <spinal.by@××××.ru>:
2 > Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 02 Oct 2009
3 > 09:58:33 +0300:
4 >
5 >> every Gentoo system has vi, there just isn't a direct
6 >> symlink with that name to busybox.
7 >
8 > Wow, that's a really great problem.
9 > $ ln `which busybox` vi
10 > $ ./vi
11 >
12 > --
13 > Best regards, Spinal
14
15 Yeah... imagine that. A simple change to fix things to work as I want
16 when I deviate from the distro default. Interestingly, I already do
17 that, and into /bin/, on every lightweight system I build for myself
18 (more full fledged builds have vim, and none of my builds keep nano
19 around). Really, that seems just as simple to me as adjusting the
20 config file for sudo when deviating from the distro-offered default.
21 Simple solutions are an amazing thing, at least, when they're not
22 blown away as unacceptable because the world doesn't revolve around
23 every single person who think's they're at Burger King (oddly enough,
24 in my experience, you don't actually get "your way" their either).
25
26 I would apologize for my rather sarcastic mannerisms in my comments
27 here and there in the thread, but when the initial post is so terribly
28 combative, I just can't help myself.
31 Poison [BLX]
32 Joshua M. Murphy