From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning redundant configuration files
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 06:23:58
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> There are times that if portage removed a config file, I would not be
6 >> happy. Sometimes I unmerge a package then remerge but want to keep
7 >> the config files.
8 >>
9 >> Would I like there to be the option, yep, I sure would. There are
10 >> also times when I want to get rid of a package and all its config
11 >> files. The option would be nice but it should be a option.
12 >>
13 > I think that the ideal would be if portage could set some kind of
14 > 'marker' so that etc-update, dispatch-conf etc could prompt the user as
15 > to whether to keep or remove the orphaned file.
19 That would work and may even be better. Either way, keeping unneeded
20 config files out would be good. We got tools to clean out everything
21 else so may as well have that too. Now getting someone to come up with
22 one, that could be interesting for sure.
23
24 Since portage has so many options already, I wonder what letter it would
25 get? Are there even any good ones left. Maybe it would be a number
26 like oneshot. o_O
27
28 Dale
29