From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] * Boot (initramfs) .. does not continue
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:26:55
1 On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:11:59 +0200
2 Maximilian Bräutigam <max-braeu@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > on my new computer i recently installed gentoo using a raid1
5 > of /dev/sda6 and /dev/sdb6. i'm using genkernel with nearly standard
6 > config (except the configs regarding raid and power management) and my
7 > grub ist configured as u see below:
8 ...
9 >
10 > The framebuffer is working well, the scans that are made before booting
11 > are working and then it tries to
12 > * boot (initramfs) ..
13 > and at this point he simply stops and does nothing anymore.
14
15 I've never had a chance to use genkernel, but unless you're using LVM
16 on top of the raid, kernel with mdraid and fs drivers compiled-in should
17 be able to see it, so you can try booting without initramfs line and
18 hope genkernel hasn't compiled rootfs and mdraid support as modules.
21 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net