From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with Flatpak?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:31:49
1 On 2019-01-25, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> Also, I run systemd; I *think* it's necessary to run flatpak.
4 >>
5 >> Ouch. I don't, so that's a bit of a blocker for me.
6 >
7 > I'm not sure anymore; flatpak doesn't need systemd and ostree has it as an
8 > optional dependency[1]. It may work with OpenRC.
9 >
10 > [1] https://github.com/fosero/flatpak-overlay/blob/master/sys-fs/libostree/libostree-2019.1.ebuild#L37
11
12 It installs fine without systemd (you need a -systemd USE flag). But,
13 following the Gentoo Quick Setup instructions from
14 https://flatpak.org/setup/Gentoo/ produces this not-so-useful result:
15
16 $ flatpak --version
17 Flatpak 1.0.6
18
19 $ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
20 Segmentation fault
21
22 Color me unimpressed. So much for "a next-generation technology for
23 building and distributing desktop applications on Linux Start"...
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! NANCY!! Why is
27 at everything RED?!
28 gmail.com