From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT:: free pop3 mail box?
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 05:30:51
1 On Friday 09 Oct 2015 04:35:38 James wrote:
2 > <wabenbau <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > > > I do not want gmail or any other big (brother) organization email.
4 > > >
5 > > > Take a look at mailbox.org.
6 > >
7 > > Sorry, I overlooked that you are searching a free mail provider.
8 >
9 > gmx.com is free, easy and flexible.
10 >
11 > They have free email boxes, just for completeness on this thread. Perfect
12 > for testing mail clients, MTA and such.
15 > Thanks!
16 >
17 > James
18
19 I thought you said you didn't want Big (Brother). Sure, GMX ain't Gmail, but
20 we're still talking about a multinational megalith here, who's grown through
21 acquisitions in different countries. In any case, if you're dialling in from
22 the US, you'll be connecting to their Kansas datacentre and your data will be
23 pwned before it ever reaches their servers. However, they state that they
24 treat emails like sealed letters so they remain private and will not sell on
25 your details for advertising purposes.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick