From: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache SSL configuration gone AWOL...
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:25:26
1 After a recent update, I restarted Apache...
2
3 I host a number of trivial development servers (using named virtual
4 hosts) and also support access to one of them over SSL. While I can
5 access all my data over http, access by https has stopped working.
6
7 I wondered if an update had made apache fussy that my old self-signed
8 certificate didn't "match" the domains it was serving - so re-created
9 new certificates to no avail. No illuminating information is written to
10 the log files in /var/log/apache2 - but if I attempt to access the https
11 services (which worked with my configuration prior to re-starting
12 apache) I get various errors:
13
14 Firefox under Windows and Ubuntu :
15
16 Secure Connection Failed
17 An error occurred during a connection to <<server>>.
18 Peer's certificate has an invalid signature.
19 (Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)
20
21 IE 7:
22
23 Navigation to the webpage was canceled
24
25 I didn't intend to change my configuration... the only
26 /etc/conf.d/apache2 (as far as I recall) was altered - and the
27 APACHE2_OPTS setting is now
28
29 APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D PHP5 -D DAV -D INFO -D SSL -D
30 SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -D LANGUAGE"
31
32 Any ideas?