From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Messed up mail access rights
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:24:33
1 On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:04:13 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Providing some basic information such as what mail servers are you
4 > > using would be a big plus to get an answer from someone.
5
6 > Unfortunately it's a sendmail setup on a hosted account and no info is
7 > forthcoming from the admin. It seems like an mbox style mail
8 > implementation. That's all I know about it I'm afraid.
9
10 You could telnet into the server to see what the software identifies
11 itself as.
12
13 "telnet servername 25" for the SMTP server
14 "telnet servername 110" for the POP server
15 "telnet servername 143" for the IMAP server
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Pentium is a risk processor