From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] adjustment console/X
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:44:24
1 The two boxes I use have LCD monitors, of different brands. When in X,
2 the "real estate" area is optimized. When I switch to a VC, the idea the
3 system has about the physical dimensions of the screen changes, and a
4 part of the displayed stuff is cropped. I can adjust it by pressing the
5 Auto button in the monitor controls, but then I get a black vertical
6 strip on the left after switching back to X, and I have to press Auto
7 again, etc.
8
9 The boxes have different graphical cards, one with the ATI kernel driver
10 and the other with the nvidia driver. The console driver is VESA-TNG in
11 both cases, but with VESA the problem is the same.
12
13 Is there some workaround? Some way the coax the system into using the
14 correct physical dimensions in X and VC?
17 Jorge Almeida
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list