From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Copying PS/2 game CDs
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:19:00
1 On 6/21/06, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3 >
4 > > On 6/21/06, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 > >> thing. I'm not going to sell the copies.
10 > > Well, they really don't care about that...
13 > Yea, they just want to make us keep replacing the ones that get
14 > scratched. It's just a bonus for the "security" of making copies.
17 I've seen so many of those situations, just a few examples:
18
19 1) iPod battery. You CAN buy a new one and install it yourself at your
20 own risk, OR you can invest 100$ (that's A LOT were I live) for Apple
21 to do that for you, while they should fix their own break stuff free
22 of charge.
23
24 2) Console games that have copy protect. You could easily backup, keep
25 the original safe and play with the copy, but NO, a simple fall and
26 you loose your money.
27
28 3) Those damn mechanical stamps at work, you could simply buy ink and
29 recharge the softpad, but NO, that will void warranty and probably
30 damage the stamp so you must buy a new, original softpad.
31
32 Just to name a few...
33
34 At least with Gentoo you own only respect and admiration for the ones
35 that provide it (and a few dollars for those wonderful shirts and
36 mousepads *lol*)
39 Daniel da Veiga
40 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
46 --