From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ipw2100 problems - ieee80211?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 04:58:16
1 On Wednesday 11 October 2006 21:45, Trenton Adams wrote:
2 > You create net.eth0, or whatever, by linking /etc/init.d/net.ethX to
3 > /etc/init.d/net.lo The driver will create the actual kernel device
4 > name of eth0, ath0, or whatever, and then your link will make it
5 > work.
6
7 Makes sense. How do I do that?
8
9 I'm a little dense here: how would I do that? Is there some special
10 command? Do I copy the thing and rename it? Do I do the funky Gentoo
11 dance and burn a sacrificial hard drive to the gods of the IBM
12 DeathStar hard drives and hope it'll work in a week?
13
14 Just kidding about that last one, but I'm know where you're going, just
15 not how to get there ; )
16
17 Thanks for your help, by the way - wouldn't have gotten past the funky
18 Gentoo dance w/o you : )
21 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/