From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SCP bash script
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 00:29:51
1 On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:44 AM, LiangYun Gong <kit393@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I have a problem with scp bash script. I was trying to automate scp command
5 > to copy files in and out, and I was trying to avoid key in the password
6 > myself.
7 >
8 > So I attempt to use the "here string" feature of bash, it didn't work with
9 > scp.
10 >
11 > And those server I am working with, they don't have expect package
12 > installed. :-(
13 >
14 > ps. I am not supposed to change the configuration of the servers( includes
15 > setup openssh keys, or install expect)
16 >
17 > You guys have any idea that can help this case?
18 >
19 > Thanks & Regards,
20 > kit393
21
22 Well, expect is generally used client-side and doesn't require a
23 server-side counterpart, assuming you're pulling files to, or pushing
24 from, a machine you do have actual control of. SSH keys are the usual
25 means, since they don't involve writing a password somewhere in plain
26 text, but lacking those, expect on your own machine would do the
27 trick.
30 Poison [BLX]
31 Joshua M. Murphy