From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 15:45:07
1 On 06/04/21 05:19, Dale wrote:
2 > Another question, can I just copy my current emails over and "import"
3 > them? I think Seamonkey uses mbox type setup. I know I could with
4 > Thunderbird but it was a bit fussy. It did work tho. It also made it
5 > easier to switch back.
6
7 Consider setting up a local imap server. Do all email clients do imap
8 nowadays?
9
10 I use thunderbird, and since fetchmail broke, I just use rules to pull
11 everything down from the net, sort it, and copy it to local folders on
12 my imap server.
13
14 You could then use mutt, or neomutt, or pine, or alpine, or whatever, to
15 read (most of) your mail. And any html garbage they couldn't handle, you
16 could use thunderbird or seamonkey or whatever.
17
18 No need to move mail between different clients. And as for moving your
19 current stuff over, you just move it from Seamonkey's local store to the
20 imap server and it'll appear for all the other clients.
21
22 Because I move around between home computers, having my mail like this
23 exposed on an imap server is brilliant ...
24
25 Cheers,
26 Wol