From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT somehow: experiences around linode
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 10:57:27
1 On 30 November 2014 11:45:21 CET, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >Am 30.11.2014 um 00:57 schrieb Al:
3 >> Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
4 >>> Who has rent a virtual server at linode.com and what is your
5 >opinion?
6 >>
7 >> I have two servers with Linode, one running Gentoo, and Debian on the
8 >other.
9 >>
10 >> My experience has been great so far.
11 >>
12 >> My only contact with support was an ipv6 issue that I ran into a few
13 >> months ago, and they quickly replied with a reference to a Gentoo bug
14 >> which included the fix.
15 >>
16 >> So here's one vote for Linode.
17 >
18 >What's the bootloader in their gentoo image?
19 >no grub(2) at all!
20 >
21 >There is a talk of pv-grub in their docs ... can you simply install
22 >grub2 over it and be done?
23
24 No, pv-grub is run inside the context of the host, using a kernel image inside the VM.
27 Joost
28 --
29 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.