From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpeg4ip - replacement
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:51:42
1 On 25/10/14 02:40, Joseph wrote:
2 > Which application replaced "mpeg4ip" ?
3 >
4 > I'm trying to streem mpeg4 video and in the past I was using "mpeg4ip"
5 > but I can not find it.
6 >
7 > --
8 > Joseph
11 media-video/gpac has extended mpeg4 support
12 media-libs/libmp4v2 with USE="utils" has command lines utilities
13 media-video/atomicparsley or media-video/atomicparsley-wez
14
15 and of course, ffmpeg, libav, mplayer, ...
16
17 when mpeg4ip was removed in favour of the new (read: maintained)
18 libmp4v2 googlecode project,
19 these were the replacements, and users were able to accomplish whatever
20 mpeg4ip did with them
21
22 thanks,
23 samuli