From: Caster <cast3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:09:34
1 On 6/27/06, JC Denton <jcdentonmail@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > How can I find out how much space I need?
6 The ebuild should have told you something like "you need 256MB RAM and 4-6GB
7 space" and even warn you if you don't have enough. I think there's also a
8 portage FEATURE that makes these checks to abort emerge if they fail,
9 instead of just warn. Can't find the feature's name now, though.
10
11 And do I get this space back after the compiling
12 > process is finished?
15 You can get it instantly, remove everything in /var/tmp/portage/ (when you
16 are not emerging something).
17
18 Caster