From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libpng12 is missing
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 02:11:11
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 05/09/2010 11:54 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >
4 >> and walt:
5 >> preserved libs. Look into it.
6 >
7 > A long time ago, maybe one or two years ago, an occasional package
8 > would suggest that I should run emerge @preserved-rebuild to rebuild
9 > packages that are linked to obsolete libraries.
10 >
11 > This worked very well for a few months, and then those suggestions
12 > suddenly stopped coming.
13 >
14 > Since then, emerge @preserved-rebuild (or @preserved-libs) says this:
15 >
16 > #emerge @preserved-rebuild
17 > !!! '@preserved-rebuild' is not a valid package atom.
18 > !!! Please check ebuild(5) for full details.
19 >
20 > I get the same error on my x86 and ~amd64 machines, i.e. with either
21 > baselayout-1 or baselayout-2. The man pages for ebuild, emerge,
22 > portage, and make.conf say nothing about 'preserved'.
23 >
24 > Anyone have an idea what changed, or what I'm doing wrong?
28 I thought at first maybe there was nothing to be rebuilt so I ran the
29 command to see if I get the same thing but I get this:
30
31 root@smoker ~ # emerge @preserved-rebuild
32 emerge: 'preserved-rebuild' is an empty set
33 emerge: no targets left after set expansion
34 root@smoker ~ #
35
36 So, it's not that you don't have anything to rebuild but that portage
37 doesn't seem to understand what you are telling it to do. Also, I get a
38 message pretty regular to rebuild packages, usually OOo of course. lol
39 Maybe the things you have installed doesn't require rebuilding so much?
40 I have KDE for my desktop and between that and OOo, there is usually
41 something to be rebuilt.
42
43 I got a list of the sets that portage is supposed to recognize, this is
44 the list. Please pardon the way I got it. I can't recall the correct
45 way and just made it something I knew didn't exist.
46
47 root@smoker ~ # emerge @preserved
48 emerge: There are no sets to satisfy 'preserved'. The following sets exist:
49
50 downgrade
51 installed
52 kde-3.5
53 live-rebuild
54 module-rebuild
55 preserved-rebuild
56 rebuilt-binaries
57 security
58 selected
59 system
60 unavailable
61 world
62
63 root@smoker ~ #
64
65 You should have those less the kde-3.5, that one is homemade.
66
67 Dale
68
70
71 Curious about that unavailable one tho. o_O If it is unavailable, why
72 have it?