From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] system suspend every time when rebooting or shutdown.
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:52:34
1 This issue was found when I started to use gentoo again after around three
2 months. I remember that I updated some packages including the portage... the
3 system suspends with "*no more* processes *left in this
4 runlevel*<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.debian.org%2Fdebian-user-catalan%2F2005%2F12%2Fmsg00168.html&ei=JRVvRIugEY78oQKRuZT3Bg&sig2=JMh6dJZsXqlJFzbvo8gPug>"
5 message. I have solved this problem by removing all files under /etc/ within
6 the package "baselayout", and re-emerge it. but I got another problem that
7 all applications failed to run and complained "error while loading shared
8 libraries: lib stdc++.so.5: cannot load shared object file: No such file or
9 directory", I had no idea and re-emerge gcc together with some other
10 updates, I could not reboot again!!!.. It makes me crazy. any ideas
11 about this problem... mm
12
13 thanks a lot.
14 daniel