From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:24:29
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > > Kernels 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 can result in severe data corruption if
5 > > you're using the EXT4 filesystem:
6 > >
7 > > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxNDQ
8 > >
9 > > This includes gentoo-sources. I hope the Gentoo developers are on top
10 > > of this. In the meantime, avoid doing reboots after too short an uptime.
15 > Oh crap. O_O
16 >
17 > This is one of those times I am glad I am not a shutdown/restart nut. lol
18 >
19 > root@fireball / # uptime
20 > 09:39:19 up 32 days, 1:48, 5 users, load average: 0.35, 0.35, 0.44
21 > root@fireball / #
22 >
23 > Should be safe enough by now. I wonder what version will have the fix
24 > tho? 3.7? 3.8? They move pretty quick tho. That's good.
25 >
26 > Thanks for the heads up.
27 >
28 > Dale, not going to panic yet.
29 >
30 > :-) :-)
31 >
32 > --
33 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
34 >
35 What git tree is this -- maybe I can get the diff and reverse patch till
36 a newer version comes out?
40 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
41 How do
42 you spend it?
43
44 John Covici