From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gtk+ update results in slow Firefox
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:07:19
1 On 10/30/2009 09:39 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Freitag 30 Oktober 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >>>
5 >>> do you have a bigger page with more scrolling showing the problem?
6 >>> because it seems to be fine here.
7 >>
8 >> http://www.kamenos.gr
11 > scrolls without any lag. Instant response. No lag at all.
12 > Even with effects turned on there is no lag.
13
14 Then I wonder what's wrong here. It's so slow, that if I scroll the
15 mouse wheel up/down quickly a few times, Firefox is still scrolling for
16 several seconds after I stopped using the wheel, trying to catch up.
17 Starting with a clean profile didn't help either.
18
19 I've updated to Firefox 3.6 Beta (mozilla overlay) and this version
20 restores the speed again. I guess I'll stay with this beta since
21 (fortunately) the add-ons I use work with it.
22
23 So I guess problem "solved." :P