From: Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thinkpad T61 HDAPS and sound card support
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:00:04
1 On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Zhou Rui <ghoulr@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have a thinkpad T61 runs gentoo now, I did some google on the HDAPS
4 > support, found that the hdapsd on portage
5 > is out of date now, so I cannot do "emerge --config xxx" to patch my
6 > kernel. The kernel is gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r7.
7 >
8 > My question is, is there a kernel is patched for the hdaps in portage? Or
9 > there are some ways to get the hdapsd work
10 > with gentoo way?
11 >
12 > For the sound, the intel HD alsa support is already compiled as a module,
13 > but I cannot find /dev/audio and actually the
14 > device does not work at all, do I miss some options?
17 I have the same notebook. The sound worked for me only with 2.6.26. First
18 using vanilla 2.26.26-rcX and finally with gentoo-sources-2.6.26.
19
20 > --
21 > BR,
22 > Zhou Rui