From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Run command after root mounted ro?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:01:50
1 Am 10.08.2011 03:04, schrieb Daniel Frey:
2 > On 01/-10/37 11:59, Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> Remounting root read-only is done by an init script called mount-ro
4 >> which is started in runlevel shutdown. Try to add a custom init script
5 >> to your /etc/init.d directory with the following content:
6 >>
7 >> #!/sbin/runscript
8 >> depend()
9 >> {
10 >> after mount-ro
11 >> }
12 >> start()
13 >> {
14 >> ebegin 'Shutting down mdadm'
15 >> mdadm --wait-clean --scan
16 >> eend $?
17 >> }
18 >>
19 >> Add it to the runlevel with `rc-update add <your-script> shutdown` and
20 >> don't forget to mark it executable.
21 >>
22 >> Disclaimer: I've not tried this (obviously) and if the script eats your
23 >> dog and wreaks your system, it is entirely your fault ;)
26 > Thanks, I tried this out, and while it does run after mounting ro, it
27 > just hangs. I've noticed that it's supposed to be monitoring
28 > /proc/mdstat but it was (presumably) unmounted long ago.
29 >
30 > I guess I have to do some more experimenting.
31 >
32 > Dan
37 Try remounting proc in your new init script. You have to advice mount to
38 not try adding it to /etc/mtab since that would obviously fail.
39 mount --no-mtab -t proc proc /proc
40
41 Hope this helps,
42 Florian Philipp