From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libvdpau (?)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:09:19
1 On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM, 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'd like to compile ffmpeg with vdpau - direct NVidia hardware
3 > acceleration. This is a configuration flag for ffmpeg.
4 >
5 > Setting the "vdpau" use flag seems to set the configuration flag, but
6 > also brings in the "x11-libs/libvdpau" libraries which I think I do not
7 > want, as my NVidia proprietary driver provides these libraries.
8
9 AFAIK Nvidia split the vdpau off into libvdpau late last year
10 sometime. On my system I use both nvidia-drivers and libvdpau without
11 issue. libvdpau provides libvdpau.so while nvidia-drivers provides
12 libvdpau_nvidia.so
13
14 Here are my versions:
15
16 x11-libs/libvdpau-0.3-r2
17 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-195.36.15
18
19 Are you using older versions? I use ~amd64 so maybe if you run stable
20 it has the older versions.