From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about difference between emerge --update world and emerge vigra
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:08:47
1 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier <at> googlemail.com> writes:
2
3 > Also make sure you have a clean world file, which means if there is an
4 > entry which is already needed by something else it should normally be
5 > removed as this could cause problems.
8 Ahhh,
9
10 Excellent point that I have been pondering lately. I manage quite a few
11 workstations all running gentoo and a few servers. None of the servers
12 are a problem. Most of the workstations have mostly similar software installed,
13 with relatively short world files.
14
15 However a few workstations have very long world files. So I presume they
16 need to be 'pruned'......
19 Do you have any further advice, more detail or some more formalized methodology
20 to 'clean' the world file, in addition to what you have stated above?
24 James