From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eclipse not building for me
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:47:16
1 On 7/12/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I tried emerging eclipse. No joy. I went ~x86 on the unstable one
3 > that matches the
4 > version I use elsewhere, on the off chance that would work. No joy.
5 >
6 > It seems to be saying I should know how to "set your generation-1 VM again"
7 > which I don't. I have only Java 1.5 installed, which I gather is a problem for
8 > eclipse. What should I be doing?
9
10 For current eclipse versions you need _both_ a 1.5 _and_ a 1.4 jdk
11 installed. So install a 1.4 compatible jdk, along with
12 java-config-1.x, and use java-config-1 to set your "generation-1 VM".
13
14 -Richard
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list