From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] systemd and USE="static"
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:48:18
1 I thought I'd have another look at systemd, so switched profiles, made
2 sure I had all the kernel options needed and then did an emerge -uN world.
3
4 It seems the systemd profile masks the static and static-libs USE flags,
5 which are needed by crytsetup and lvm for my initramfs, which mounts /
6 from a LUKS partition. Forcing an unmask of these flags in
7 /etc/portage/profile did no good because when those packages are built
8 with USE="static" they require a virtual/udev with matching flags, which
9 systemd cannot provide.
10
11 Is there a way around this or have a I found a reason for not using
12 systemd that doesn't involve name calling? :-O
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Genius is 99% inspiration and 2% arithmetic