From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] startx no longer gives gnome
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:42:33
1 > # Failsafe
2 > else
3 > # start some nice programs
4 > twm &
5 > xclock -geometry 50x50-1+1 &
6 > xterm -geometry 80x50+494+51 &
7 > xterm -geometry 80x20+494-0 &
8 > exec xterm -geometry 80x66+0+0 -name login
9 > fi
10 > thufir@localhost ~ $
11 > thufir@localhost ~ $ date
12 > Fri Jul 13 06:26:34 UTC 2007
13 > thufir@localhost ~ $
17 > Going to uncomment some stuff, looks like not a big
18 > deal. Yes, appears
19 > to be cause by emerging some packages. Not
20 > everything emerged.
23 I'd say "comment" some stuff. tvm etc is the default.
24 Comment out all that stuff and replace with whatever
25 the gnome command is. I use kde so I have 'startkde'
26 instead of tvm. Don't know the appropriate gnome
27 command. You don't need that xclock, xterm stuff
28 either. Gnome can handle that.
29
30 -mw
35 Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
36 Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.
37 http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list