From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: iptables + dansguardian + squid
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:04:43
1 On 04/10/09 03:46, james wrote:
2 >Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> I was following this guide to set it up home filter: iptables, DansGuardian,
6 >and Squid.
7 >> http://www.linux.com/articles/113733
8 >
9 >Here's a link to get you started....
10 >
11 >http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Dansguardian
12
13 Thanks, yes I looked at them; the Gentoo wiki doesn't works: old, obsolete.
14
15 The one from linux.com is working but in my case I had a problem loading the iptables rules as after upgrading kernel to 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 it seems to me
16 they have re-arrange the iptable modules around and I was missing in the kernel:
17 CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_OWNER=y
18 without it you can not load:
19 iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m owner --uid-owner squid -j ACCEPT
20 iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -m owner --uid-owner squid -j ACCEPT
21
22 Now it works.
25 Joseph