From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the dmix equivalent these days?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:44:03
1 On Sunday 25 February 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > It seems that when Amarok is playing, all system sounds are put on
5 > hold. Once I close Amarok then all system (KDE) notifications
6 > suddenly sound at once!
7 >
8 > How do I figure out what's wrong and how should I fix it?
9
10 One word:
11
12 arts
13
14 It's an abomination that should not be suffered to live. Disable it,
15 switch it off, consign it to hell for all eternity.
16
17 The only reason arts even exists at all is that in days gone by the
18 hardware could not mix several signals into one by itself, so sound
19 servers were written to do this then present one big sound stream to
20 alsa. These days alsa does the job by itself without needing arts.
21
22 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list