From: Wael Nasreddine <mla@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Just a few questions.
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:46:21
1 Hello,
2
3 I have a few questions that has been bugging me for a while, hope I
4 find the answers I;m looking for :)
5
6 I use zsh for shell, rxvt-unicode for Terminal emulator, urxvt runs
7 with TERM rxvt-unicode, GNU Screen runs with the term screen-256color,
8 now I'm not sure what's the issue, but when I login through GDM/KDM
9 the colors inside screen are all messed up, here's 2 screenshots, the
10 1st one[1] is when gnome was started via usual startx command and the
11 second[2] is for gnome session when started from GDM/KDM, the colors
12 are not just messed up in zsh, in mutt and in every ncurses programs..
13
14 The second question is about a problem that has been bugging me for a
15 while now, and it happend in ViM ruinning in X, Screen or Console...
16 When I type a letter, erase it and type another letter, I'll get
17 a weird char, not what I've typed, ex: the next quoted character is
18 supposed to be a, and the one after that is f, and i see? "å" "ff" "に"
19 ... I have no idea why this is happening but it's really annoying to have
20 undetected error like these while scripting... Any ideas ??
21
22 The third problem is zsh related, anyway the problem is when I try to use
23 zsh outside rxvt-unicode the keys Home, PgUP, PgDn and End does not
24 work, in gnome-terminal instead of going to the beginning of the line,
25 I get this instead:
26 "H[2;A[0;G"
27 Here's a screenshot of gnome-terminal[3]... This doesn't happen in
28 bash.
29
30 I included relevant config files below, key bindings are defind in
31 .inputrc and .zsh/zle....
32
33 Thank you :)
34
35 [1]: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4804/20thursday1ho1.png
36 [2]: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9356/20thursdaydt0.png
37 [3]: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8703/20thursday2ru5.png
38 .Xdefaults: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc-plus/.Xdefaults?view=log
39 .screenrc: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.screen/config?view=log
40 .inputrc: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.inputrc?view=log
41 .zshrc: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.zshrc?view=log
42 .zsh: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.zsh/
43 .vimrc: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.vimrc?view=log
44 .vim: http://wael.nasreddine.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/wael/trunk/etc/.vim/
45
46 --
47 Wael Nasreddine
48 http://wael.nasreddine.com
49 PGP: 1024D/C8DD18A2 06F6 1622 4BC8 4CEB D724 DE12 5565 3945 C8DD 18A2
50
51 .: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
52 would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.