From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot failure using root=LABEL=RAID1root but not LABEL=RAID6root
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:30:01
1 On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 02:09:35PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't know if you're right but it makes sense. If I need e2label to
4 > read labels from the CLI then I probably need all the same stuff in
5 > the initramfs which this one doesn't have.
6 >
7 > The problem I have with that idea is that all I put in the RAID6 which
8 > does have an initramfs is e2fsck, not e2label or anything else.
9 > However maybe e2fsck has that capability and that's why it's working?
10 >
11 > Good catch!
12 >
13 > Thanks, and best wishes for the new year and a safe New Year's eve to all.
14 >
15 > Cheers,
16 > Mark
17
18 I've deleted your OP (sorry), but also, the kernel autodetects RAID using
19 metadata 0.90 superblocks, but not 1.2 superblock (seems your output had some
20 of each?).
21 --
22 Happy Penguin Computers >')
23 126 Fenco Drive ( \