From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: problem with PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 17:15:56
1 David Relson writes:
2
3 > Having my own domain, I run my own mailserver -- but it's not on my
4 > gentoo development machine. I read the emerge python code,
5 > specifically mail.py, to find how PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI is handled.
6 > Reading the code lead me to (finally) realize that I need to have a
7 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI value with two (2) fields separated by a space
8 > character.
9
10 There is some documentation in /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example:
11
12 # PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI: this variable holds all important settings for the mail
13 # module. In most cases listing the recipient address and
14 # the receiving mailserver should be sufficient, but you can
15 # also use advanced settings like authentication or TLS. The
16 # full syntax is:
17 # address [[user:passwd@]mailserver[:port]]
18 # where
19 # address: recipient address
20 # user: username for smtp auth (defaults to none)
21 # passwd: password for smtp auth (defaults to none)
22 # mailserver: smtp server that should be used to deliver
23 the mail (defaults to localhost)
24 # alternatively this can also be a the path to a
25 sendmail binary if you don't want to use smtp
26 # port: port to use on the given smtp server (defaults
27 to 25, values > 100000 indicate that starttls
28 should be used on (port-100000))
29 # Examples:
30 #PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root@localhost localhost" (this is also the default setting)
31 #PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="user@××××.domain mail.some.domain" (sends mails to user@××××.domain using the mailserver mail.some.domain)