From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome-shell, networkmanager, wifi re-connect
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:57:03
1 On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 13:06 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Maybe I have something wrong in my /etc/hibernate/common.conf ...
3 > gotta
4 > look that up now.
5
6 I suspect that's not it. If I were to guess I'd say it's probably
7 "normal"; that it takes a while to associate with the AP, either because
8 it's a less-than-stellar AP or you have a lot of RF
9 activity/interference in your area.
10 >
11 Personally, if it's only 30 seconds I wouldn't worry about it. It takes
12 me at least that long to remember why I needed to turn on the computer
13 anyway :P
14
15 For s&g, I made a screencast of me suspending and resuming my ThinkPad.
16 The entire video is only 34 seconds (oddly, it doesn't recored while
17 it's suspended :P) and as you can see I'm connected to the AP as soon as
18 the screen unlocks.
19
20 http://marduk.sdf.org/suspend.avi
21
22 Also, you didn't mention your kernel. Could be an anomaly of your
23 kernel/firmware.