From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Progress made, not done yet Re: All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:23:48
1 On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > >> > * Starting apache2 ...
4 > >> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
5 > >> > 64.166.164.49:80
6 > >> > no listening sockets available, shutting down
7 > >> > Unable to open
8 > >> > logs
9 > [
10 >
11 > Strace will probably reveal which log file can't be opened, something
12 > like this will probably do the trick:
13 >
14 > strace /path/to/apache2 -D <module list> -d /path/to/apache2dir
15 >
16 > It took some bash tracing to fill out that command, but once that was
17 done, it was obvious that the server was doing exactly what
18 had been suggested above: trying to listen (bind(2) call) on 0.0.0.0:80 as
19 well as my.host:80.
20
21 I had not touched my configs in ages, so I guess some default snuck in there
22 somehow; I suspect something to do with virtual hosts (which I do not need),
23 but it was easy to find and fix. Now it comes up and serves my pages.
24
25 However, my configs contain a few ScriptAlias directories, which are full of
26 python programs. They are not being executed, but
27 served up in source code form, even though they have an initial shebang and
28 remain executable by all. So there must be some new thing to do besides
29 defining a ScriptAlias directory. Anybody know what it is?
30
31
32 --
33 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD